Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September Be Crazy...

...so crazy I won't even be having a game this week. But, since I have your attention, I'll use this time to once again pimp for RECRUITS!, our local Kansas City wargaming convention.
Here's a Jack Kirby Comic inspired cover I did for the program:

Once again, I have to say how great this little con is. This one marks the 10th year it has been on, and the 20th show. Yes twice, TWICE I SAY, a year Duane Fleck and crew put the convention on. It started with a few games and vendors and has grown every year. It is the cheapest to get in you will ever find. $5 for adults for the whole weekend, and free for students and military. It is VERY kid friendly, as the whole point of the con is to introduce the hobby to a new generation. People complain about the "graying" of the hobby, but RECRUITS! is doing something about it.
If you are anywhere in the midwest, please come on down. We have people from Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Minnesota. It'll be worth it. I'll be there! Meet the Baron!
Okay off the soapbox.
...and probably of no interest to anyone is my clan's annual Oktoberfest, the end of the month. Yes, Oktoberfest is in September. Look it up.
My mom's family came over from Germany in 1754 to avoid Frederick the Great's recruiters. Though far from the Fatherland (is that politically correct, still?) in both time and space, we still celebrate. PROST!

4 comments:

MIK said...

Love the artwork, that would make a great t-shirt! Have a good con, sounds like a blast.

Spacejacker said...

Ive had to draw Kirby-style in the past and it's not easy. Great job!

Cluck Amok said...

Yup, splendid work, Baron.

BaronVonJ said...

It helps when you have a cover to follow.